The story of Urbany Hostels
It all started in 1976 with a Catalan farmhouse and three years later with a travel agency.
This Catalan farmhouse became the 1st of the 15 facilities managed by Rosa dels Vents in Spain, both for summer camps and school stays. Currently Rosa dels Vents is one of the leaders of youth tourism in Spain, and the 1st holiday camp company to obtain the ISO 9001 quality certificate.
Urbany Hostel’s philosophy is simple:
We believe that budget accommodation should not mean lower quality.
The travel agency began in the post-war era and was the dream of a few young travellers who wanted to make it possible to explore the world, experience new cultures and have adventures. You could say they were the forerunners of tourism in Spain or the now famous "low cost tourism". Today it is one of the oldest travel agencies in Spain with CIF A-08626483 .
The company grew as the years passed and slowly the hotel division known as RV Hotels took shape. Today we have three hotels and more than 750 apartments along the Spanish coast.
Urbany hostels started with the 2nd generation of this family business in 2006. The idea was to merge all the knowledge and experience gained through Rosa dels Vents and RV Hotels, and reinventing the concept of low-cost accomodation, without losing the essence of our origins in adventure tourism and backpacking.
What to expect from us
All of our hostels work wit the same standard of quality. Here's what we offer:
- Well located, clean Hostels with secure card access
- All rooms feature comfortable mattresses and private bathrooms.
- All rooms come with A/C, heating, individual reading light and personal lockers with magnetic card access.
- Chill-out areas with computers and Internet access and a bar with lots of fun and activities.
- Wi-fi throughout the building.
- All of our hostels offer kitchens, laundry and luggage storage.
- Maximum security with video surveillance and card access to the main door, bedroom door and locker room.
- Lunches and picnincs for groups avaiable on request.
- Activities for groups avaiable on request.
- Fire certificates, security and liability insurance available.
In Urbany we love to travel, and we know exactly what people expect from our youth hostels. We are developing a new concept in budget accommodation, spending more time and money on those aspects most appreciated by young travellers.
Our goal is to offer much more than a just cheap bed to sleep in.
Quality hostels at a good price, this is our daily challenge. We are focused on improving the quality standards of our hostels and being a leader in safety, comfort and cleanliness for our customers, while having fun along the way!
We handle all of our facilities directly and organize all the activities with our own staff.
We are committed to green practices, technology and anything to make the young traveller’s stay easier and cheaper without sacrificing comfort and convenience.
We at Urbany Hostels know that travellers stay in hostels to meet people. All Urbany hostels have always been designed with this in mind.